Saltar al contenido

About Us Exploration & Production

Alaska

The North Slope of Alaska is an especially promising area with proven oil-rich geology and good quality seismic imaging.

Repsol, and our partner Armstrong Oil and Gas are in the early stages of developing an Alaska North Slope project with permitting underway.

These successful results confirm the significant development potential in the area.

Eagle Ford Shale

Repsol is part of a joint venture in the Eagle Ford with Norwegian oil and gas company Statoil. The joint venture acreage is located in Karnes, De Witt, Bee, Live Oak, McMullen, La Salle, Dimmit and Webb counties.

Repsol holds an interest in 41,700 net acres (37% net working interest) in the Eagle Ford. The company’s production in the play averaged 34,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2015, of which 57% was oil and natural gas liquids.

Gulf of Mexico

Repsol began our activity in the U.S. in 2006 when we acquired a 28% working interest in the Shenzi field in the Gulf of Mexico. Production from the Shenzi TLP began in March 2009. Shenzi is located 120 miles offshore Louisiana in roughly 4,300 feet of water – which makes it the second deepest tension leg platform in the world.

In addition to our interest in the Shenzi field, Repsol is actively exploring in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.

In October 2014, Repsol announced a discovery at the Leon well on Keathley Canyon Block 642. The well was drilled to a total depth of 31,772 feet (9,684 meters) and found more than 490 feet (150 meters) of net high quality oil pay.

Repsol holds a 60% working interest in Leon and is the operator. Ecopetrol holds the remaining 40% interest.

Repsol holds a 22.5% working interest in the Buckskin project in the deepwater Keathley Canyon Block 872. The 2009 Buckskin discovery well in the Lower Tertiary was further delineated with a successful appraisal well in 2014.

Repsol complies with stringent reporting and incident response standards and works closely with federal regulators – the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the U.S. Coast Guard – to ensure we are fully prepared to handle any incidents that may occur.

Marcellus Shale

Click here to watch Marcellus Shale video.

Repsol entered the gas-rich Marcellus in Pennsylvania through the acquisition of Talisman Energy in 2015. The Marcellus is one of the largest natural gas fields in the world, extending throughout the Appalachian Basin and stretching across Pennsylvania.

Repsol holds an interest in 170,000 net acres in the Marcellus. The company’s acreage is primarily located in northeastern Pennsylvania in Bradford, Susquehanna and Tioga counties. Production in the play averaged 490 million cubic feet per day of natural gas in 2015, which represents 47% of Repsol’s total North American production.

The company has midstream assets in Pennsylvania comprising about 300 miles of gathering and transmission pipelines, which are serviced by eight compression and gas dehydration facilities. The system has throughput capacity of roughly 1.5 billion cubic feet per day.

Midcontinet

Repsol’s position in the Midcontinet play in Oklahoma and Kansas totals about 55,000 net acres. The company’s average working interest is approximately 11% in the Original AMI and 25% in the Extension AMI.

Repsol and our partner SandRidge, which operates the acreage, currently have over 1,000 wells on production and more than 3,000 locations remaining to be drilled.

Trenton-Black River

Repsol acquired assets in the Trenton-Black River Formation in New York through the acquisition of Talisman Energy in 2015. The gas-rich acreage contains 80 producing wells in Chemung, Steuben, Tioga, and Schuyler counties.

Repsol worldwide

We are a global, integrated company at the forefront of the energy industry.

Repsol USA Photos

Sustainability is an essential part of our forward-looking vision and the shared commitment undertaken by every one of us at Repsol